What are the advantages and disadvantages of being self-employed and being an employee? You can use https://Keepv.id to download videos on the pros and cons of being employed or self-employed.
Being employed is not always that easy
- There are nice and collegial bosses, but there are also choleric and unpleasant bosses. It’s not always easy to come to terms with that.
- Even your “dear” colleagues can sometimes make life difficult for you if you are exposed to bullying or intrigue.
- Working as an employee is often not exactly self-determined. So you are often only the executive body, even if there are of course also very positive examples where you can make a lot of decisions yourself.
- Your own development is often restricted. Concerning both the work itself and the career as a whole. In both small and large companies, you may not get ahead.
- This often also applies to the financial area. Salary increases are not necessarily the order of the day in small companies.
- Contrary to what many believe, the future as an employee isn’t necessarily that much safer either. Layoffs, bankruptcies and the like are nothing unusual today.
- And your own future is only partially controllable. How the company develops as a whole can hardly be influenced, but of course, you are dependent on it.
But it must also be said that employees can have advantages over the self-employed
- As an employee, you can usually enjoy the weekend, but also the end of the day, quite carefree, while the self-employed, especially at the beginning, often find it difficult to solve and work a lot of overtime.
- Vacation is initially a foreign word for many self-employed people and even if they do, it is often not so easy to switch off.
- It’s also nice to have colleagues with whom you can exchange ideas. The self-employed are often lone fighters.
- While an employee is mainly concerned with the technical work, as a self-employed person you have to take care of so much more. And that’s not all fun.
- Usually, employees receive a secure and punctual salary that many self-employed people can only dream of.
- It is not always that easy to find a new job, but changing to another job is often easier for an employee and you then earn your full salary straight away. As a self-employed person, completely changing your own business is something completely different.
Of course, these are not all advantages and disadvantages, but it should be clear that neither employees nor self-employed are only on the sunny side of life. There are also downsides to both variants.